August 20, 2026

Welsh Government backs plans for £5m leisure hub in Llandudno 

Plans to convert the former M&S building in Llandudno into a leisure hub have been approved by the Welsh Government, with Conwy County Borough Council awarded £700,000 for the project through the Transforming Towns Programme.

Building owner Mostyn Estates will spend a total of £5m on the redevelopment, which includes three storeys of retail and hospitality, as well as a major FEC set to be run by “an experienced leisure operator.”

“We are delighted to be delivering this exciting development and repurposing a beloved building in a central location of Mostyn Street,” said a Mostyn Estates spokesperson.

“We feel this project will support the high street in attracting footfall and spend across both the day and evening bringing a vibrancy to the high street and town, which all businesses can benefit from.”

According to plans submitted last year, the venue will feature six bowling lanes, an 11-hole indoor golf course, shuffleboard, pool tables, hi-tech darts, and arcade machines, as well as a cafe and bar.

“The former M&S building on Mostyn Street is a key premises in the town,” said councillor Nigel Smith. “The plans to develop a leisure and entertainment hub are an exciting opportunity, which can help secure the vibrancy and economic sustainability of this part of town for residents and visitors.”

Latest News